The latest investment in Viridios Group, a sustainable finance and technology company, comes following the announcement of its series B funding round last year led by Roc Partners
- Clearvision Ventures has taken a strategic stake in Viridios Group for an undisclosed sum.
- In October last year, Viridios Group announced a US$35 million series B funding round with participation from Roc Partners, Flag Group, Privatus Capital Partners and existing management.
- Viridios runs a global carbon credit origination, capital markets and asset management business focused on the growing Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM), with a unique SaaS carbon credit data and analytics platform.
- Clearvision Ventures is a Silicon Valley based software venture capital investor focused on companies that can drive meaningful disruptions in sustainable infrastructure and energy, and establish clear category dominance and leadership.
- VAI has aggregated information on more than 14,000 carbon credit projects globally with subscribers also able to access post-trade data, Standards, SDGs and ratings for high demand credits.
- Clearvision’s Daniel Ahn will join the Viridios Board alongside the three Viridios founders (Eddie Listorti, Geoff Clear and Marcello Labre), Karen Bell of Privatus Capital Partners (Chair), Sandy Laurie of Roc Partners and Michael Ormaechea of Flag Group.
Sydney, Australia – February 20, 2023 – California based venture capital firm, Clearvision Ventures (Clearvision), has taken a strategic stake in Viridios Group (Viridios) to accelerate the growth of its VAI carbon credit data and analytics SaaS platform.
The latest investment comes following the announcement of Viridios’ US$35 million series B capital raise late last year, led by Roc Partners, Flag Group, Privatus Capital Partners and existing management. Viridios now has 50 staff across Australia, Europe, the U.K. and the U.S. and is continuing to build its global sustainable finance and technology businesses.
“With this latest funding, Viridios will continue to deploy capital across strategic growth initiatives including the global roll out of our VAI SaaS platform and investment in carbon credit projects. It will also go a long way in helping us achieve our mission of enhancing carbon market price transparency to promote capital flows to much needed carbon projects,” says Viridios Group CEO, Eddie Listorti.
“As the world continues its push to decarbonise and organisations seek to achieve their net-zero commitments, Viridios’ business model is designed to help all stakeholders fulfil their commitments. With banks, asset managers, brokers, traders and all major corporations seeking out accurate carbon market information, Clearvision’s investment will help to accelerate the growth of our VAI platform and ultimately support the world in meeting its climate targets.”
The VAI platform has aggregated information on more than 14,000 carbon credit projects globally with subscribers also able to access post-trade price data, standards, sustainable development goals (SDGs) and ratings for a broad range of carbon credits. Viridios also partners with S&P Global Commodity Insights to deliver the Platts Viridios CARBEX, which provides six indices reflecting the value of different types of voluntary carbon credits.
“Our VAI platform is playing an important role in driving the adoption of the VCM as a key tool in meeting net-zero commitments. Clearvision’s expertise in driving growth in sustainable technology companies will assist our team of data scientists and analysts in delivering the carbon credit pricing, valuation and project data the market needs to make informed investment decisions,” says Viridios AI CEO, Marcelo Labre.
According to Daniel Ahn, Managing Partner at Clearvision: “We are delighted to be an investor in Viridios as it continues to drive transparency in international carbon markets. Alongside existing investors, we are looking forward to assisting the Viridios team to accelerate the growth of the business into a category leading company.”
For further information on Viridios, visit: viridios.ai.
Viridios Group: Tom Godfrey | firstname.lastname@example.org | +61(0)419 313 101
Clearvision Ventures: Daniel Ahn | email@example.com
About Viridios Group
Founded in 2019 by senior financial markets professionals Eddie Listorti, Geoff Clear and Marcelo Labre, Viridios Group is a global carbon credit origination, capital markets and asset management business focused on the growing Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM), with a unique carbon credit SaaS pricing, valuation and project data platform. Its mission is to mobilise positive action towards net-zero and improve transparency in the voluntary carbon markets to ensure the effective allocation of capital in carbon reduction projects.
About Clearvision Ventures
Founded in 2015, Clearvision Ventures is a US-based evergreen venture capital investment platform that aims to help entrepreneurs achieve their goals in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Invests across stages – from early to expansion to late stage growth – with a focus on software companies that can apply innovations in AI / ML, IoT, Big Data, and Security technology, to drive meaningful disruptions in energy and sustainable infrastructure, and establish clear category dominance and leadership.